Sunday, February 8, 2009

her family tree from Geni.com



I had fun creating a family tree on both the my heritage site and the geni site. The only site however that I could find that you could embed you family tree on to another was the Geni one. I'm not sure if My Heritage had the same option, but if they did it's not easy to locate. The only part I couldn't do on the Geni site was post it to side bar, as by having this option ticked it failed to upload it due to sidebar options not being made avaible on my blogsite. I would recommend both of these sites to patrons who may be interested in creating a family tree online, but as the Geni one is a tad bit more user friendly, over the My Generation one, this one will probably get my recommendation first. All an all in which one is recommendable depends on what the user is looking for and their site preferences. I was also suprised that it accepted and allowed me to create bogis/ficticious names or in this case allowed pet names to be accepted. Also as birthdays are not mandatory it also surprised me that not until you attempt to add a creators birthday that may be under 13 that it tells you that the creator has to be over 13 years of age, which by then it too late as one may have already been created. Now my cuurent cats and the ol' dog, that I use to have, now have the beginnings of an online family tree which Coolioiglesias and my cats say is just puuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrffffffffeect:)

1 Comments:

At February 9, 2009 at 1:31 PM , Blogger ACL web 2.1 said...

Hi Coolioiglesias

Great to see you've completed your family tree and that you had fun creating it. Keep up the great work and we hope you are enjoying the exercises.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home